The most buyer traffic will come through a home the first two weeks it is on the market than any other time period. No one gets a second chance to make a first impression and when you are talking about real estate, the only way to generate new interest in your home is to drop your price to attract a different group of potential buyers. With buyers expecting move-in ready homes and becoming more aware of what to expect in a home, more Realtors and sellers are turning to home staging to help them differentiate their homes from the competition.
Home staging is the process of de-personalizing a home and making it “buyer ready” so it appeals to the largest potential buyer audience possible using proven design techniques that highlight the home’s best architectural features. Home staging, also know as real estate staging, is not home decorating but rather an art that utilizes a home owners existing furniture, lighting, and art work to draw a potential buyers eye to the positive aspects of your home. Home staging will address furniture layouts, paint schemes, clutter, traffic flows, focal points, lighting, accent colors, and creating that WOW factor.
The potential benefits of home staging for the sellers are:
- Sellers who stage their properties first, also end up packing most of their belonging before the home goes on the market; this makes the move less stressful.
- All the clutter is removed from your home prior to your first Open House.
- The statistics show your home will sell faster because it will show better.
The potential benefits of home staging for potential home buyers are:
- The buyers can see the architectural features of the home they want to buy rather than wading through clutter and family pictures.
- Potential buyers are able to envision their belongings fitting in the space because all excess furniture and clutter has been removed.
- A property that has been professionally staged has an optimal room layouts, which shows all potential buyers the best way to utilize the space in every room.